Without respect toward others, no online community can function properly. Please be aware you are entering a community comprised of different age groups, heritages, races, social levels and educational backgrounds.
By registering as a user of icheckers.net, the user accepts the rules declared in this document.
Epilepsy Caution: If you or any member of your family has a history of epilepsy, consult a physician before using this service or any other computer game product.
You use the games at your own risk.
All game rooms and forums are moderated. Moderators do their activity on a voluntary basis, for free, on the request of icheckers.net.
Their primary task is to assure normal conversation between the users. Following this, moderation is subjective,
rules will be applied in a manner that appears unfair to someone in some cases.
The number of moderators is small, so they cannot be present in each of the rooms all the time. Therefore we ask you that if you see a player with a behavior that - in your opinion - comes into conflict with one of the rules described in this document. there has been features in place to block communication with that Individual. Please take it upon yourself to mute the individual or individuals.
Players at icheckers.net can register their nickname to prevent others from using that nickname.
You must not choose a nick which (including those that in any way look like, sound like, stand for, hint at, abbreviate, or insinuate any of the following)
- is similar to another nick already existing on the icheckers.net forum or games.
- is an obscene expression or graphics
- incites hatred on the basis of race, nationality, gender, sexuality, religion or other personal characteristic.
- refers to body parts or sexuality.
- is abusive by profanity or used to harass.
- calls to or applies to unlawful action.
- is a form of advertising.
- indicates that you are an employee or representative of icheckers.net.
Any form of unsportsmanlike behaviour will not be tolerated,
icheckers.net reserves the right to reset points to zero and/or ban your nickname for this offence.
- artificially adjusting your rating (progging, boosting, banking, stacking, etc....)
- encouraging your opponent to leave the match
- intentionally losing in favour of your opponent
- accepting your opponent's behaviour who is intentionally losing
Using a computer to decide your moves in a board game on icheckers.net is not allowed.
Therefore icheckers.net will terminate your account immeditely if you are suspected of using a program to cheat.
All messages ruining cultural conversation will be deleted.
Apart from the rules in section 3., in the forums these are considered as inappropriate as well:
- Technical destruction: large pictures, empty messages or any other action which changes the size of the forum or hinders its regular use.
- Content destruction: aggressive or offtopic messages hindering cultured conversation strikingly and intentionally
- Flooding: if a message is unintentionally posted more then one time, then all instance except one will be deleted. Intentional flood means if one posts a message in more then one instance or topic.
- Copying back a message, or parts of a message, which was deleted by the moderators may result in permanent banning.
- icheckers.net reserves the right to immediately ban access to any account for violations of our rules.
- A player attempting to damage the reputation of our site will be excluded from the games indefinitely and their player account(s) suspended or closed permanently.
- icheckers.net has the right to ban a player from the games for any reason where they suspect adverse effects will be felt by icheckers.net and/or its members.
- icheckers.net will not tolerate using multiple nicknames in order to avoid banishments.
icheckers.net does not endorse a player's view expressed in the game rooms or forums.
Players are encouraged to report any activity, which breaches the rules for using the games.
PLEASE NOTE: WE DO NOT HAVE 24/7 EMPLOYEE COVERAGE. IF YOU FIND SOMEONE'S behavior TO BE INAPPROPRIATE IN A ROOM PLEASE USE THE "MUTE" BUTTON PROVIDED.