SEC UR ITYThe most obvious thing is not to tell anyone your password.
As you don't know where the information will go after it leaves your lips (keyboard). Even if you only tell one other person, they could tell one other person, and so on, until your password is in the hands of a Cracker. Besides, why would you want to tell someone your password, anyway? You are not allowed to share your username with anyone else, so there is no legitimate reason for anybody else to know your password.
If you think there's even a chance someone else might know your password, change it immediately.
If someone asks for your password please do not tell them.
Choose Password Carefully → Simple passwords can be easily guessed by people who know you, even for those who do not. Please consider the following tips in order to make your password less predictable:
- DONíT use your login name in any form (as-is, reversed, capitalised, doubled, etc.)
- DONíT use any names, whether a relative of yours or character in a novel, book, or movie.
- DONíT use other information easily obtained about you. This includes birthdates, license plate numbers, telephone numbers, your street name, etc.
- DONíT use a password of all digits, or all the same letter.
- DONíT use a word contained in (English or foreign language) dictionaries, spelling lists, or other lists of words.
- DONíT use a password shorter than six characters.
Already a Problem? →
If someone already put their hands on your account, here is how you can get it back: Go to the "Contact Us" page and report this immediately.